For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven and do not return there but water the earth, making it bring forth and sprout, giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater,
Isaiah 55:10 (ESV)
Spring is here, just in time for Isaiah 55:10 in our chapter memorization for the week of March 24-March 30.
After seeing the huge distance between God and us in Isaiah 55:8-9, God tells us here He bridges the gap! Just as He promised physical rain to come down, He kept His word in sending spiritual water by sending Jesus down.
Now we can buy without money (Isaiah 55:1), eat what is good, and delight ourselves in rich food (Isaiah 55:2).
As you meditate on Isaiah 55:10 this week, thank God for coming near and raining down on us. He nourishes, satisfies, and causes growth. And gives us seed to spread that good news to others. (Read more from Lindsey.)
Tips for memorizing Isaiah 55:10
- Record yourself saying Isaiah 55:10 and listen to it during the week
- Illustrate the verse using colored pencils or markers
- Continue rehearsing Isaiah 55:1-9 at the beginning and end of each day
- Concentrate on one phrase per session to really nail it
- Read through the remainder of the chapter to keep the flow
- Find someone to listen to you recite the verse
- Pray for awareness and open hands to receive the rain from heaven
- Practice using Scripture Typer
- Practice using first letters:
10 F a t r a t s c d f h a d n r t b w t e, m i b f a s, g s t t s a b t t e,
I’m memorizing Isaiah 55:10 this week. Tips here for you to memorize it too:
http://wp.me/p1Su7F-2ON @DoNotDepart #HideHisWord
click here to tweet
What’s your favorite thing about spring? Do you have a favorite scripture that waters you? Please share in the comments.