For you shall go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and the hills before you shall break forth into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.
Isaiah 55:12 (ESV)
All creation is called to express joy. That includes you and me!
While we may not always feel full of joy, we can always find reasons to express our gratitude anyway. Look back over Isaiah 55:1-11 and remind yourself of multiple gifts you’ve been given.
Then tell God thank you for them–perhaps even by singing and clapping your hands.
This is our next-to-last week to memorize Isaiah 55. If you’re still memorizing and meditating, rejoice in that as well.
Tips for memorizing Isaiah 55:12
- Place verse 12 in several places around your home, car, office
- Pray about what brings you joy and peace; praise God for those
- Recite Isaiah 55:1-11 twice a day until you’re comfortable with all the verses
- Find a partner to help you with verse 12; practice out loud together
- Notice trees outside with their uplifted arms; see this as praise to the Creator
- Practice using Scripture Typer
- Practice using first letters
F y s g o i j a b l f i p; t m a t h b y s b f i s, a a t t o t f s c t h.
“In joy & peace, sing & clap to your Creator. We’re memorizing Isa 55:12. http://wp.me/p1Su7F-2OR @DoNotDepart #HideHisWord”
click here to tweet
What song of praise is in your heart this week? Please share.