We have come to the end of our month of study in Ruth! We pray you have been blessed and challenged to dig deeper on your own into this beautiful gem in Scripture!
- Sandra reminded us of important guidelines as we approach narrative passages of Scripture.
- We walked through the cultural context surrounding this book in the time of the judges.
- Julie gave us some insightful background into the life of Naomi.
- Teri Lynne looked at the unique relationship between Ruth and her mother-in-law.
- Kathy reminded us that the real love story in this book is between God and the people He loves and pursues.
- Stephanie gave us a powerful description of what this journey home was like for Ruth and Naomi.
- Teri Lynne gave us a great look at the “3 G’s” of Submission
- Julie discussed the beginning of Ruth and Boaz’s relationship and their “learn at first sight”
- Stephanie looked at how Ruth found refuge in God
- Kathy overviewed the idea of “gleaning” and how God provided for the poor and needy through His people’s generosity
- Sandra helped us dig into the original languages and taught us about our Deliverer!
- Kathy gave us some great insight into the cultural background and intent of what was happening at the threshing floor.
- Stephanie looked at Ruth and gave us a beautiful sketch of Biblical femininity in Scripture.
- We dug into Biblical masculinity and how godly men like Boaz are the real “manly men.”
- Sandra decoded the strange interactions at the city gate.
- Julie gave us a great reminder of how God turns our empty into full.
- Teri Lynne looked at the women in the line of Christ and looked at how God gives hope for the broken.
Thank you for joining us on the dig!
Tomorrow, it’s “your turn” again! We’re looking forward to hearing what you’ve learned in this study, so please come back and share your thoughts!