Lisa started this month sharing how “the more you know, the more you love.” And she’s right, especially when we talk about our God.
Now that we’ve studied Isaiah 55 together this month (and some have been memorizing), we can see an addition to that statement:
The more you trust, the more you love.
God bids us to come and drink, all of us who thirst (which is all of us) (Isaiah 55:1).
If we accept, that means we trust His providence.
God reminds us to listen (Isaiah 55:2).
If we listen, that means we trust His words.
God says “come to me” (Isaiah 55:3).
If we come, that means we trust His love.
God says seek Him (Isaiah 55:6).
If we seek, that means we trust His purposes.
All of this trust brings us closer to Him, so that our eyes see and our hearts understand more of His traits. That His thoughts are higher (Isaiah 55:8-9), His Word accomplishes (Isaiah 55:11), and His joy and peace are evident (Isaiah 55:12). All of those actions come from His love, the greatest love we can know.
May we praise and clap our gratitude to God for His amazing love.
- Ali reminded us it’s always about love (Isaiah 55:1-3).
- Patti shared how God calls all of us to run to Him (Isaiah 55:4-5).
- Lisa noted that God leaves room for us all to turn back to Him and train to run to Him in the first place (Isaiah 55:6-7).
- Julie mentioned that we don’t always have to understand to trust and accept His mercy (Isaiah 55:8-9).
- Lindsey studied how God’s Word is meant to fill us to overflowing (Isaiah 55:10-11).
- Kathy noticed the fruits of following God will become evident in praise-filled ways (Isaiah 55:12-13).
We’re praying today that we all may trust harder and lean to Him. How can we pray for you today? What did you takeaway from studying Isaiah 55?
(If you’re still memorizing with us, there’s just a couple of weeks left! You’ve got this!)
“After studying Isaiah 55, we can see the more you trust, the more you love: http://wp.me/p1Su7F-2S3 #DrinkDeeper @DoNotDepart” – Click here to tweet this.
“What did you takeaway from studying Isaiah 55 with @DoNotDepart? http://wp.me/p1Su7F-2S3 <– A #DrinkDeeper recap.” – Click here to tweet this.