Are you sure of your eternal salvation? Do you know that when your life on this earth is finished you will be with Jesus? You don’t have to wonder or “hope so.” The Bible says you can know with confidence that you have eternal life.
I write this to you who believe in (adhere to, trust in, and rely on) the name of the Son of God, so that you may know [with settled and absolute knowledge] that you [already] have life, yes, eternal life. 1 John 5:13, Amplified Bible
We can be certain because our salvation does not depend on us! In fact, we have no power to save ourselves. Only God can save. He has the desire to save, the power to save, and the plan to save.
During the month of September, our Scripture Dig team focused on salvation. What it is, why we need it, how we receive it, and more. If you’ve never been “born again” by the Spirit of God, don’t let September come to an end without receiving God’s great salvation. (Click here to see how you can know Jesus as Savior.)
For those who’ve been Christians for years – or even decades – this month’s theme serves to vitally ground us in the truths of our faith. Knowing these truths equips us to share Christ boldly with others and helps us recognize false teaching. If you missed any of September’s posts, now is a good time to catch up:
- We were created by God and for God – Stephanie reminded us God made us for His pleasure and glory.
- No one is good but God alone – Kristi explored the holiness of God so we could better understand the seriousness of our sin.
- Oh the consequences! – Teri Lynne delved into the nature of sin and its results, now and eternally.
- The Reality of Hell – Sandra showed us the sober reality of hell as found in Scripture.
- The Rescuer’s love – Julie presented God’s overwhelming love for us in sending His Son to save us from sin.
- Our Rescue – Teri Lynne proclaimed the result of Jesus’ rescue mission – our salvation!
- Like trying to cure cancer with a light bulb – Kristi explored some of the ways we humans try to get to God on our own and why none of them are sufficient.
- Only One Way? – Julie showed from Scripture why Jesus Christ is the only way to know God.
- Why the Cross? – Over two posts, Stephanie thoroughly showed why Jesus’ death was necessary for our salvation. Part One; Part Two
- The Cross is not enough – Kathy presented from Scripture the vital importance of the resurrection of Jesus, for our life today and for eternity.
- Run with Endurance – Sandra explored how Christians should live out their lives. Now we’re saved. So what?
Each team member also shared their unique salvation story. If you missed one you can read them now.
God works uniquely and personally in each person’s life. What’s your salvation story? How is God working in your life right now? We would love to hear.
Great Resource for you to check out:
God’s Truth Revealed is a 12-session Bible study for spiritual seekers, new Christians, or anyone who wants to get a solid foundation in the basic tenets of our faith. I developed this material while teaching and ministering to seekers and new Christians and it was published by New Hope Publishers in 2008.
During the month of October the Scripture Dig team will be exploring the purpose and nature of the Church. Stop by Monday for the introduction.