So shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.
Isaiah 55:11 (ESV)
Do you ever feel like nobody’s listening? Like what you’re saying will have no effect at all?
While we may feel that way at times, God doesn’t. He knows His words will be fruitful. His words are intentional and purposed. And successful.
We may not always see how, but we can trust that He sees. He makes it happen.
As we memorize and meditate on Isaiah 55:11 this week of March 31-April 6, let’s praise God for His power and design in where and how He places His words. And let’s allow His word to accomplish in our own hearts what He is purposing.
Tips for memorizing Isaiah 55:11
- Read verse 11 several times in the morning and evening
- Think about its meaning: what word? what does it accomplish? how is it sent?
- Recite Isaiah 55:1-10 at stop lights, while cooking dinner, before you go to sleep
- Ask God to prove His word fruitful in your own life
- Look up definitions of accomplish, purpose, and succeed for greater insight
- Practice using Scripture Typer
- Practice using first letters
S s m w b t g o f m m; i s n r t m e, b i s a t w I p, a s s i t t f w I s i. (ESV)
“His word is purposed. Memorize Isaiah 55:11 with me this week. Tips here http://wp.me/p1Su7F-2OP @DoNotDepart #HideHisWord”
Click here to tweet
What “word” has He used to accomplish something in you in this season? Please share.