We are so glad that you’ve joined us this month as we’ve taken a good look into the person and works of the Holy Spirit. We fully understand that our posts have not been an exhaustive look into the topic, but we hope they’ve whet your appetite for the feast of attributes and functions that the Holy Spirit fulfills. God is truly amazing, and this person of the trinity is such a wonderful gift to us!
- First, I looked into the Deity of the Holy Spirit , to better lay the foundation of the fact that the Spirit is one person of our triune God. I also discussed the basic attributes of the Holy Spirit and touched briefly on His miraculous feat of forming a baby in Mary’s virgin womb.
- Lindsey taught us 2 Roles of the Holy Spirit from Romans 8. We are reminded that we have not only a powerful helper, but also a loving intercessor. “Thanks be to God, who gives us the Holy Spirit as helper and intercessor, we can rest assured that everything we pray is being filtered through the Holy Spirit before the Father.”
- Lisa showed us that one function of the Holy Spirit is to act as witness. We can know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that God loves us exactly as we are, no matter what. The Spirit confirms that we are God’s children. That is a truth that sets us free!
- Kelli gave us 5 Ways that the Holy Spirit Empowers Us. We can proclaim the gospel boldly, pray when we don’t know how, appreciate the gospel’s mystery, deny our flesh, and abound in hope all because we have been empowered by the Spirit of the Living God. What amazing news!
- Patti looked into the Holy Spirit’s relationship to the Word of God. Not only was the Spirit involved in bringing us the Bible, but He also helps us to understand it and brings it to mind when we need it. I’m so thankful for a loving God that helps us understand and remember His perfect Word, aren’t you?
So thank you for joining us as we looked intently and worshipfully at our Comforter. He is marvelous, isn’t He?
What is your favorite attribute of the Holy Spirit? Tell us in the comments!