First, we listened. We heard His invitation to come, buy for free, eat, and enjoy (Isaiah 55:1-2).
Now, we see what we are coming to: God. And soul life. And His promise to love us forever (Isaiah 55:3).
Will you memorize with us this week (Feb 3-Feb 9)?
Incline your ear, and come to me;
hear, that your soul may live;
and I will make with you an everlasting covenant,
my steadfast, sure love for David.
Isaiah 55:3 (ESV)
Suggestions for memorizing Isaiah 55:3:
- Begin each day reciting Isaiah 55:1-2 in your head or out loud
- Pray to receive the message He intends you to hear this week
- Read Isaiah 55:3. What is God asking you to do? What will you receive?
- Read or listen to The Great Invitation by John Piper on Isaiah 55:1-3
- Read through all of Isaiah 55
- Repeat Isaiah 55:3 several times a day, looking for key words and phrases
- Notice what words trip you up and mark them for extra review
- Practice Isaiah 55:1-3 using Scripture Typer
- Say Isaiah 55:1-3 aloud to someone in your home, workplace, or church
- At the end of the day thank God for His lavish gifts to you from Isaiah 55:3
- Practice using first letters:
I y e, a c t m; h, t y s m l; a I w m w y a e c, m s, s l f D. (Isaiah 55:3 ESV)
Next Monday, February 10, is our winter link-up for your blog posts on scripture memory and/or Isaiah 55. Start writing now!