Behold, you shall call a nation that you do not know, and a nation that did not know you shall run to you, because of the LORD your God, and of the Holy One of Israel, for he has glorified you.
The invitation has been issued: Come to me, God implores.
But the feast isn’t just for me and mine, or you and yours. It’s for all. And so Isaiah 55:1-3 leads us to 55:4-5 with a call to all the nations.
As you memorize Isaiah 55:5 this week, Feb 17-23, be mindful that Jesus has set a banquet table for all nations, and ask Him what role you can serve at the party to honor our Host.
Suggestions for memorizing Isaiah 55:5:
- Begin and end each day with a review of Isaiah 55:1-4
- Write out v5 by hand: circle, underline, color the words for meaning
- Break v5 into 5 sections, focusing on 1 section a day
- Ask someone to listen to you recite all 5 verses at the end of the week
- Pray over the meaning of this verse; read commentaries for extras
- Practice using Scripture Typer
- Remind yourself often why you are memorizing scripture
- Practice using first letters:
B, y s c a n t y d n k, a a n t d n k y s r t y, b o t L y G, a o t H O o I, f h h g y.
Have you visited your fellow bloggers’ links? Check out their posts and leave some comment love for mutual encouragement. The link-up is still live so continue adding new posts through March 31.
Share on Twitter:
How do you serve at the party? Memorize Isaiah 55:5 with us this week! http://wp.me/p1Su7F-2OC @DoNotDepart #HideHisWord
Click here to tweet this