Sometimes we all feel small, insignificant, even unseen. Our days are filled with tasks that will be necessary again tomorrow and the rewards for our faithfulness can appear few and far between. Ever feel that way?
I have a few verses I consistently turn to when I begin to feel unnoticed or unimportant. Reminders of El Roi, the God who sees me, even when I feel unseen.
- I will call upon you, for you will answer me, O God; incline your ear to me; hear my words. Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings. Psalm 17:6, 8
- The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit. Psalm 34:16
- How precious is your steadfast love, O God! The children of mankind take refuge in the shadow of your wings. Psalm 36:7
- Because you are precious in my eyes, and honored, and I love you, I give men in return for you, peoples in exchange for your life. Isaiah 43:4
- No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you. John 15:15 emphasis added
- And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19
- Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. James 4:8a
- Give all your worries and cares to God, for He cares about you. 1 Peter 5:7 NLT