Happy Thanksgiving from your DoNotDepart team! We are so thankful for you! While we love doing what we do, we know our ministry wouldn’t exist with out our dear readers. So, to encourage you as you prepare for the “big day” of gratitude and praise, we’d like to share this image with you— feel free to download it, save it, and share it on your social media. You can also follow us on Facebook and Instagram and share the image directly from there.
If you’d like some Thanksgiving articles to prompt praise, here are a few articles and posts from around the web that you might find helpful:
- “When You Don’t Feel Thankful” (by Lindsey Bell at The M.O.M. Initiative.) A good read for anyone who has experienced loss near the holidays or when we need a change in perspective.
- “How Can We Give Thanks in All Circumstances?” from DesiringGod.org. “If the joy Jesus promises is real and you believe him, there’s no circumstance that can steal your thanksgiving.”
- “Look through the Lens of Thanksgiving” — from DesiringGod.org. When you can’t see much (or anything) in your life to be thankful for, or when misery is more prominent that joy in your life, look through the lens of thanksgiving and see how God changes your perspective.
- “A Thanksgiving Hallelujah “– from (in)Courage.me. If you’re hurting this Thanksgiving, your giving of thanks may be a true sacrifice of praise. This post has beautiful encouragement!
- “Gratitude is the Catalyst” from (in)courage. Gratitude is important because it spurs thoughts, action, and intention.
- “Thanksgiving, Thanksfeeling, and the Glory of God” – Pastor John Piper explains to us that not all thanksgivings are true thanks”feelings.” This post will really help you check the posture of your heart while giving thanks.
- And last but not least, our thanksgiving series from 2014 where:
- Patti (and her son) reminded us that God loves us regardless and forever, with an abundance of forgiveness.
- Kathy reminded us that God is our refuge, protector, and strength in times of trouble.
- Lisa so powerfully shared that even with all the bruises on our souls, God still has purposes for each of us, and that means we can still share love.
- Lindsey pinpointed one really good reason to give thanks (hint: it has to do with Christ).
- Caroline shared that we can rejoice any day and here’s why.
- Ali highlighted that our best response is to turn this gratitude into praise for His light.
We pray that you’d be greatly blessed as you worship the Lord and give Him all the praise and thanksgiving due His name!
Happy Thanksgiving to your and yours from your DND Team: Ali, Alyssa, Caroline, Jaime, Lisa, and Patti.