This week’s memory verse (Jan 20-Jan 26):
Come, everyone who thirsts, come to the waters;
and he who has no money, come, buy and eat!
Come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.
Isaiah 55:1 (ESV)
Where do you go for water when you’re most thirsty? Most of us head to our refrigerator or kitchen sink.
But what about when you thirst spiritually? Where do you go?
As you meditate on and memorize Isaiah 55:1 this week, ask yourself if you’ve been seeking the correct source to satisfy your thirst, and if you’ve been overworking to receive what’s meant to be free.
Suggestions to help you memorize:
- Recite the verse aloud several times, phrase by phrase.
- Reflect on the word come. What does it mean to you?
- Research the context of Isaiah 55, particularly verse 1. Look up cross-references.
- Ask yourself: Who is to come? Where are they to go? What are they to do there?
- Ask God how you can apply this verse to your life this week.
- Take these words with you on a card or your phone. Review them in spare moments.
- Type the verses on your laptop or phone app using Scripture Typer.
- Practice with the first letters of each word:
C, e w t, c t t w; a h w h n m, c, b a e! C, b w a m w m a w p.