Seek the LORD while he may be found; call upon him while he is near.
Remember playing hide-and-seek as a child?
If you were the hider, once you found your spot, you’d sit quietly, passively, doing nothing. But when you were the seeker, you’d actively set out to uncover who you were looking for.
As you meditate on Isaiah 55:6 this week, see yourself as the seeker.
While the Lord is definitely not hiding from you—He’s near and can be found!—He will reward your active participation in calling out for Him.
Today is where He is; this is the moment He’s in. Seek Him now; call upon Him here.
Suggestions for memorizing Isaiah 55:6:
- Look up “seek” and “call” in an English or Hebrew dictionary
- Use a concordance to find other scriptures with “seek” and “call“
- Display Isaiah 55:6 in several places around your house this week
- When you wake up and before you go to sleep, recite Isaiah 55:6 to the Lord
- Once a day recite Isaiah 55:1-5, working extra on verses that are difficult
- Practice using Scripture Typer
- Actually do it–seek the Lord and call upon Him!
- Practice using first letters:
S t L w h m b f; c u h w h i n.
Share on Twitter:
“This is the moment God is in. Memorize Isaiah 55:6 with us this week @DoNotDepart http://wp.me/p1Su7F-2OE #HideHisWord” – Click here to tweet this