We spent time this month looking more closely at a few of the spiritual gifts described in the New Testament:
- Encouragement – Lisa reminded us that encouraging is when we deliberately come beside someone as an invitation to God.
- Serving – Love is the foundation of service. Lindsey took a closer look at John 13:1-17.
- Teaching – Do you have the gift of teaching? Ali showed how Jesus is the model.
- Pastoring – Patti described eight ways in which a pastor’s role is like that of a shepherd
- Hospitality – Julie underscored the importance of all believers practicing hospitality, which overflows from a heart of genuine love.
In addition, Kathy warned against focusing too much on the gift itself instead of the Giver, and reminded us that spiritual gifts are the way the Holy Spirit chooses to work through an individual to accomplish God’s purposes. We pray that you will be open to the Lord’s leading in understanding the gifts He has given you, and that you will demonstrate your love for Him by using those gifts to serve in His kingdom!
Tweetable: This month’s posts about #SpiritualGifts @DoNotDepart: http://wp.me/p1Su7F-2Xm tweet this