We have spent a whole month devoted to talking about prayer here at Do Not Depart. Imagine if you spent a whole month devoted to actually praying! Does it sound like a lot?
In fact a month of prayer is just a drop in the bucket for God’s people, who are called to praying without ceasing! 1 Thessalonians 5:17
We wanted to help equip you for that glorious call, and while we just barely scratched the surface in discussing prayer, we pray the Lord has spoken to you in some small new way about prayer in your life and the lives of those you love.
- We started by looking at scriptures to learn what God’s Word has to say about the who, what, when, where and why of prayer.
- Lisa described five common roadblocks to praying effectively with others and offered tips for helping to overcome them.
- We often end up with long lists of trivial earthly requests when we pray. Kathy reminded us of that praying for the spiritual needs for other believers is essential.
- Guest Julie Reynolds detailed how to use the ACTS model, a simple method that can help give structure to your prayer time.
- In some situations it’s hard to know what to pray. Caroline gave tips and scriptures to help for When You Aren’t Sure How to Pray.
- Just in time for the start of a new school year, Julie explained how to “teach our kids to pray in a world that won’t” in Prayer Never Left School.
- Through the story of her infant daughter’s terrifying medical crisis, guest Sandy Anker shared how God equips us to pray when words fail.
- I gave lots of ideas for small prayer habits to add to your life that can grow you as a person of prayer.
Prayer is an essential spiritual discipline for a Christian. Do you have questions about prayer that weren’t addressed? How can the Do Not Depart team serve you as you cultivate the discipline of prayer in your life? Leave us a comment!